Yeah, I'm over it. I have those moments still, few and far between though they may be. But I do tend to bounce back quickly (perhaps out of guilt?) So...
I only went into the office three days this week but I have really looked forward to this weekend. I may not have gone in to work but I certainly worked in another way Saturday through Tuesday and I am bushed (do people still say that?) Today was long and boring but my momma sent me a cheer up present and it was lovely. Two enormous cookies, a really pretty little enamel bracelet, and three hundred dollars. She knows I'm broke and that I've been so for a long time now and so when she can, she sends me some money. The last time was when I first separated almost a year ago. I know she wishes she could be here or that I could be there so she could take care of me but, alas, that isn't possible. It was an incredibly sweet and generous gesture and I thanked her profusely.
And now the weekend is before me. Plans? A nap soon enough, and then setting my apartment to rights. I hauled a small dining table inside from the dumpster the other day. It doesn't have leaves (though it has the hinges) and isn't pristine but it has character and I like it. I'll probably put it in my enormous bedroom. No real use for it but I like it and think it'll come in handy eventually, if only to make the bedroom appear less cavernous (I haven't had a dresser in five years so I just have a bed, a nightstand, and a laundry hamper). I'm also going to work out a budget in order to have a clear plan to begin paying down my god awful debt. I've been meaning to do that for ages and am dead set on doing it now.
Exciting stuff, eh? My mom begged me to use part of the money she sent as a treat so I'll maybe do that as well. I'm thinking of a massage but we'll see. I'd really like to treat J to lunch but I don't think he is ready for that. Other than that, I'm just going to relax and watch some movies I borrowed from the library (Hercule Poirot) and read my library books. I'm going to take it easy and try to recover from that god awful move.
Like I said, exciting stuff. I am nothing if not a wild woman.
I only went into the office three days this week but I have really looked forward to this weekend. I may not have gone in to work but I certainly worked in another way Saturday through Tuesday and I am bushed (do people still say that?) Today was long and boring but my momma sent me a cheer up present and it was lovely. Two enormous cookies, a really pretty little enamel bracelet, and three hundred dollars. She knows I'm broke and that I've been so for a long time now and so when she can, she sends me some money. The last time was when I first separated almost a year ago. I know she wishes she could be here or that I could be there so she could take care of me but, alas, that isn't possible. It was an incredibly sweet and generous gesture and I thanked her profusely.
And now the weekend is before me. Plans? A nap soon enough, and then setting my apartment to rights. I hauled a small dining table inside from the dumpster the other day. It doesn't have leaves (though it has the hinges) and isn't pristine but it has character and I like it. I'll probably put it in my enormous bedroom. No real use for it but I like it and think it'll come in handy eventually, if only to make the bedroom appear less cavernous (I haven't had a dresser in five years so I just have a bed, a nightstand, and a laundry hamper). I'm also going to work out a budget in order to have a clear plan to begin paying down my god awful debt. I've been meaning to do that for ages and am dead set on doing it now.
Exciting stuff, eh? My mom begged me to use part of the money she sent as a treat so I'll maybe do that as well. I'm thinking of a massage but we'll see. I'd really like to treat J to lunch but I don't think he is ready for that. Other than that, I'm just going to relax and watch some movies I borrowed from the library (Hercule Poirot) and read my library books. I'm going to take it easy and try to recover from that god awful move.
Like I said, exciting stuff. I am nothing if not a wild woman.
You went dumpster diving? Good thing momma is there to help!
ReplyDeleteOh, not quite. It was next to the dumpster. That's what apartment dwellers do. If you want to be rid of something but you think someone else can use it, you leave it next to the dumpster to let others know it is free for the taking.
ReplyDeleteWord. I left the chair to my little table in Ohio next to the dumpster and poof! They were gone in less than a day and it made me feel good because they were perfectly good and it would have saddened me to "throw" them away.
ReplyDelete'Punkin
*chairs
ReplyDelete