Adam "MCA" Yauch died today. I was in my car driving home when I heard the news. My division was having internet trouble so I got permission to work from home in order to complete a few things. The DJ announced it and my jaw dropped open and I said, out loud to nobody, "oh no!" Yauch was my favorite Beastie Boy. J used to give me shit about that but I loved his voice.
I'm incredibly sad, sadder than I thought I would ever be at the death of a celebrity. But I grew up with the Beastie Boys, as did many of us. I saw them in concert once when I was a teenager, with Teacher and his friends. It was the Intergalactic tour and they played my favorite song, "Sure Shot". I'm incredibly sad because I loved the talent that we no longer have and I'm not just mourning the death of MCA but of the Beastie Boys as a band. You cannot continue on with a third missing, especially when the the missing third was a founder.
Rest in peace, Mister Yauch. My thoughts are with your family.
Sure Shot
UPDATED
Perfect tribute and the best celebrity response.
I'm incredibly sad, sadder than I thought I would ever be at the death of a celebrity. But I grew up with the Beastie Boys, as did many of us. I saw them in concert once when I was a teenager, with Teacher and his friends. It was the Intergalactic tour and they played my favorite song, "Sure Shot". I'm incredibly sad because I loved the talent that we no longer have and I'm not just mourning the death of MCA but of the Beastie Boys as a band. You cannot continue on with a third missing, especially when the the missing third was a founder.
Rest in peace, Mister Yauch. My thoughts are with your family.
Sure Shot
UPDATED
Perfect tribute and the best celebrity response.
Oh man, I hate Coldplay, but after this, I maybe hate them just a little bit less.
ReplyDeleteI like Coldplay but only know their radio cuts. But I think many Beastie Boys fans would be hard pressed to find anything to say against such a perfect tribute. I fucking loved MCA. I'm still really sad at the loss. I know it is ridiculous but that band was a huge part of both my past and present and I can't imagine a future without that gravelly voice.
Delete