There is a man in IT in my office of indeterminate age. I'm guessing he is in his 40's but I really don't know. He is a huge Buckeyes fan, single, has at least a niece, and seems to embarrass easily. He's a nice guy but something of an enigma.
One day he told me that he used to listen to his iPod on the way to work but that he'd lost his adapter so could no longer charge it. I, in my spastic, manic, immediate action way, said "I have three!!!! Here, let me go get you one!"* A few days later, IT Guy came to my cubicle and said "OK, then, what type of music DO you like?" He asked it just like that, as though we'd previously discussed music I do NOT like. He caught me off guard and I think I looked scared because he explained that he just wanted to give me a CD as a thank you for the adapter. He ended up burning me the new Kanye.
Now me and IT Guy swap CDs, which is really strange. After Kanye, he gave me an instrumental album filled with songs that make me think 'mood music' and 1970's Spanish porn. I gave him a very mixed album of things I listen to, including Florence and the Machine, Nirvana, Wu-Tang, and Pink Martini. Then, pre 1980's Rhythm and Blues.
Who knew that this what I needed to perk me up on 2/19, day of the 20th anniversary and day after sister in law cancer news? This album includes Stevie Wonder, James Brown, War, The O'Jays, the Theme from Shaft, and so much more! Seriously, I put this album on to listen to it while I cleaned, only to be very pleasantly surprised. I was so happy and excited that I sat down to make yet another album for indeterminately-aged IT Guy. I was up, briefly, for the challenge of making my own instrumental album but grew bored and instead put together an album of just fun stuff, some guilty pleasures, and some things I was obsessed with at some time or another. I am almost embarrassed to say what is on the album, but you know what? T'is my blog and I am an embarrassing person so here you go, world:
1: Charotcha - Alva
2: Piano Interlude - I don't know**
3: I don't know but super fun - I don't know
4: Mambo Italiano - Rosemary Clooney
5: Sympathique - Pink Martini
6: Istanbul (Not Constantinople) - The Trevor Horn Orchestra
7: It's Oh So Quiet - Bjork
8: The Greatest Man That Ever Lived (Variations on a Shaker Hymn) - Weezer
9: Wind it Up - Gwen Stefani (guilty pleasure)
10: Girlfriend - Avril Lavigne (guilty pleasure)
11: Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes
12: No Man's Woman - Sinead O'Connor
13: One Man Guy - Rufus Wainwright
14: Don't Know - Don't know
15: You're So Vain - Carly Simon
16: I Don't Want to Grow Up - Tom Waits
17: I Don't Want to Grow Up - Ramones
*Seriously, sometimes I think I must have been a small, yappy, excitable dog in another life or something. I also portray ADD tendencies without having the actual disorder saying things like "that's an interesting house" mid sentence and then carrying on.
**Yeah, I have a lot of unknown songs by unknown artists on my computer. By 'unknown', I mean, I don't know who the artist is and I don't know the name of the song. These songs are from when I was dating my nasty ex-boyfriend and the time of illegal downloads. I wish I knew what the songs were and who by but it is also kind of fun to have anonymous music.
No comments:
Post a Comment