Drying myself off after a shower. It's probably because I'm impatient about all things that have to do with showering. Baths? Great, can take an hour long one with a glass of wine and a good book. But showers? Don't know why but I hate them, especially when I have to wash my hair (I absolutely despise having wet hair unless I'm swimming). So, when I get out of the shower, I just want it to be over and done with so that I can put on my clothes and get back to doing whatever it was I was doing. One funny thing about this is that it annoys guys. It just really irks them that I don't make sure my back is properly dry before I hang my towel back up and start putting on my clothes.
Shaving my knees and underarms. I am positive this isn't some personal defect but something shared by many women. I once googled the knee thing for tips but I don't think it worked. And underarms? Are mine just especially concave or something? I will think I've done a stellar drive only to find a fur patch on the inner side. It is extremely irritating and makes me feel like I need to keep hacking away until I see blood.
Cracking an egg. I can, obviously, crack one, but not without getting some shell into the bowl. This infuriates me because I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong. I try hitting it softly against the side of the bowl, get shell. Try whacking it against the side of the bowl, get shell. How am I 39 years old and incapable of cleanly cracking an egg into a bowl ffs? I have searched ways to get the shells out of course, and try the "dip your finger in water first" trick but it is still a monumental pain in my ass. And considering I've taken to making potato omelettes recently, something that takes at least six eggs, it is just really, really frustrating.
Getting out of my car. This is partly genetic, apparently, as I do the same thing that my maternal grandmother did, which is to either put my foot against the door or straight kind of kick the door as I open it. I don't do this when a passenger because I am aware that people wouldn't especially like that but man, when I get out of my own car? Foot on that pocket at the bottom all the way. The other part is just some form of learned helplessness. Even though I've been doing it for years, I still find it a struggle when I exit my car with more than just my laptop bag and a lunch bag. Add one more thing and I'm an awkward pack mule who is too impatient to get out of the car and either reach in to gather everything or, you know, walk around to the other side and get the stuff out easily.
Shaving my knees and underarms. I am positive this isn't some personal defect but something shared by many women. I once googled the knee thing for tips but I don't think it worked. And underarms? Are mine just especially concave or something? I will think I've done a stellar drive only to find a fur patch on the inner side. It is extremely irritating and makes me feel like I need to keep hacking away until I see blood.
Cracking an egg. I can, obviously, crack one, but not without getting some shell into the bowl. This infuriates me because I don't know what the hell I'm doing wrong. I try hitting it softly against the side of the bowl, get shell. Try whacking it against the side of the bowl, get shell. How am I 39 years old and incapable of cleanly cracking an egg into a bowl ffs? I have searched ways to get the shells out of course, and try the "dip your finger in water first" trick but it is still a monumental pain in my ass. And considering I've taken to making potato omelettes recently, something that takes at least six eggs, it is just really, really frustrating.
Getting out of my car. This is partly genetic, apparently, as I do the same thing that my maternal grandmother did, which is to either put my foot against the door or straight kind of kick the door as I open it. I don't do this when a passenger because I am aware that people wouldn't especially like that but man, when I get out of my own car? Foot on that pocket at the bottom all the way. The other part is just some form of learned helplessness. Even though I've been doing it for years, I still find it a struggle when I exit my car with more than just my laptop bag and a lunch bag. Add one more thing and I'm an awkward pack mule who is too impatient to get out of the car and either reach in to gather everything or, you know, walk around to the other side and get the stuff out easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment