Wednesday, September 3, 2014

It's Not Been a Day and I Already Want Back Out

Back to work and I am extremely tired. Five days of complete freedom will do that to a girl I guess. I didn't have a ton of email to go through, because I'm not very important, but I did discover that I have a more complicated title now. No pay raise or anything, just a change in title because my role has blended with a different division's role and is an HR thing. Or something. Bunch of words about job codes and mapping and whatever in the email from my boss/former boss.

I think I may have mentioned this right? When I was on the phone for a conference call that I hated? I'm going to be - or am now officially - reporting to the idiot manager that drives me crazy. I will say this for her though, she doesn't even put her title in her email signature.

So my eyes are all gluey and I want to go home and take a nap but I have to be here for roughly 2.25 hours before I can split. And tomorrow I have a fucking team meeting (yes, another fucking 'team' meeting because I seem to be on a number of teams these days) from 4-5. I don't want to be here until 5 fucking PM. Traffic is going to suck and I'm supposed to meet up for girls' night. I really should have used my last day of freedom better by just napping and watching things on Netflix.

What did I do you ask? I drove my car through a car wash, bought some groceries, rented movies, copied movies from the Bat that I want, took Monkey to the store to find some of the school supplies she needed, copied the movies I rented, made dinner, and threw in a load of laundry. I also worked on a scarf I've been knitting for the Bat, which I will give him since I said I would. I don't even think he'll like it but he can always give it to his next girlfriend.

Speaking of the Bat, he told me he was broken last night. It was an offhand remark about how he wants the best for me even if he is broken. I immediately thought "dude, you're broken because of your ex-wife?" I mean, yeah, she put him through some pretty shitty times and she's a non mother but he got this wonderful gift in Monkey. If that's all it took for him to break - and he hasn't done any repairs in the past 13 years - then it makes even more sense for me to get the fuck out because really? Really? A large portion of my life has been getting kicked in the teeth and thrown to the ground but I get up every damned time and keep fighting, refusing to let the world break me. If dude is broken because of one shitty relationship, well... I prefer boyfriends to be stronger than me, and not just physically. Or, actually, as strong as me, they don't have to be stronger. So that was an interesting piece of information about Mr. Bat.

I'm on part of my lunch break although I ate my lunch at about 11:30. I had a Luncheable and I was wayyyy too excited about it. It had a Capri Sun and everything! I didn't eat the Reese's Cup but I did polish off a packet of Captain's Wafers Cream Cheese and Chive (you know, crackers with fake cheese filling) and some 'healthy' fruit snacks that were super sticky. I even ate some of this weird Planter's energy mix thing. So now I'm all full and tired and should have saved that juice box until after my nap. Oh, yeah, I'm totally taking a nap when I get home because I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. In fact, I may dip out a little early since I have to stay fucking late tomorrow, stupid meeting. But Luncheables are awesome, you just need two when you are a grown up. Otherwise you
end up stuffing your face with everything you brought with you.

Welp, back to work. I'd say thank goodness it is a short week but that will probably just make next week suck even more. At least I should have better wheels by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment