Hi Ho, Hi Ho
I’ve applied for a different position within my company. It finally opened up and would be a phenomenal opportunity for me because I’d have a mentor and I’d receive more technical training. But the chances of my getting it are fairly slim because I am not the most qualified of applicants. It’s very nerve wracking, especially as you have to let your present boss know that you are doing it. But she was very gracious in her reply (my email was very diplomatic and I stated, truthfully, that I wouldn’t be dramatically upset if I didn’t get the position because I do enjoy the work I presently do) and so now we just have to wait until the interviews and announcements.
Applying for jobs makes me feel so desperate and anxious. It isn’t as bad as it would be if I was currently unemployed, of course, but I’m not very good with waiting when it comes to big decisions like this. Hold up in the grocery store line? I can be patient. Doctor’s running late? Depending on the competence of the office staff, sure, I’ll wait and read my book. But waiting on results or decisions is maddening and I just can’t stand it. I just have to remind myself of what I have and be grateful. And, of course, hope for the best but expect the worst.
Mysteries at the BatCave
Sometime between Memorial Day weekend and the Bat’s big party, a ladder disappeared. It was last seen by me, as I’d used it to dust off the haybarn (don’t ask). It wasn’t until I wanted to hang up the birdhouses that I couldn’t find it and I was really perplexed. The Bat made reference after reference to it saying “well, if I had a ladder…” as though it was my fault because that’s the adorable, caring, sweetheart of a boyfriend that he is. I actually thought that he’d hidden it from me for awhile, just because it seemed so absurd. But he swore up and down that he hadn’t and he looked all throughout the house and the backyard.
I told him that my theory was that someone had taken it and would return it, possibly throwing it over the fence when they were done with it. I mean, who jumps a fence and just takes a ladder? The Bat and Monkey just laughed at me but every day after work, I would go and see if it was in the backyard. Nope.
But then! We had to flea bomb again on Saturday and this time we did the outside as well. I did the front and when I went to turn on the water, I found the ladder! The water turn on thing (I cannot spell the real word) is tucked far behind some bushes so you have to squeeze yourself behind them to get there. Not only did the person return the ladder, I think they purposely shoved it far enough back that it wouldn’t be visible so that no one would steal it. Considerate of them, wasn’t it? Here’s hoping they return the red handled ax next because that has gone missing as well (after the ladder, not at the same time).
Father’s Day
Why no, it doesn’t make me sad or pouty or wistful. My biological father peaced out and died but I have a mother who had to fill both roles so I just called her, as I always do. I also bought a massage gift card for the Bat and bullied his kid into picking out a decent card (she was totally going to skip out, I told her to put some effort into it, and the next thing I know, she was all “oh my god! This is perfect!”). So he had a Father’s Day, something he apparently hasn’t really ever had. Yay me. He and Monkey went to his parents house to celebrate with his brother and father but I skipped it. Part of the reason was because I wanted to be alone in the house to think about stuff and part of it is because the Bat’s mother makes me uncomfortable. She really seems convinced that because the Bat and I are still together and that we live together, I have any sort of authoritative role over Monkey, which I most certainly do not. I mean, I can ask her to turn music down or whatever, and ask if she can help me clean something, but I can’t tell her to do anything or say anything when the attitude bursts out. I keep trying to tell that woman (Bat’s mom) that I’m just a roommate and that if she wants the Bat to know x y or z, she should tell him and quit asking me to.
Don’t get me wrong, she’s a really nice lady and I do like her, but it’s just that the last three times I’ve been around her, she’s pushed that persona on me regardless of the fact that I keep telling her she’s wrong. So the Bat talked to her on Sunday, she didn’t know what he was talking about, he didn’t either (because he forgot or because he’s never around when she talks to me about that stuff), and so there. If it happens again I’ll just tell her to knock it off with that shit because she’s living in a dream world. The Bat and Monkey have been on their own long enough that there is no room for anyone to question anything or make suggestions (unless by a relative) and I know that. I mean, if the kid was ever disrespectful to me, yeah, I’d say something to her but that’s about it (and to date, she has never been disrespectful towards me).
I can teach her to remove stains from her white shirts and she has picked up the idea of shaving her legs outside where it is warm from me. I serve as a strong, independent, female role model. But that’s it.
Now go check out BitchesGottaEat because she has a hilarious post up about Cat Fishing.
No comments:
Post a Comment