Well, we finally went camping and it was extremely relaxing. It was a bit cold, as was the water, so swimming wasn't as great as the last time, but the laying around doing nothing part was fantastic. I do wish we'd taken time to actually hike some of the trails but we got there close to dark on Friday and on Saturday, the Bat and our friend, Honey, both took naps so that was out.
Still, I enjoyed myself. We really don't do much when we camp. We swim, cook, and just hang out. Saturday evening was my favorite because as we were sitting around the (small - much burn ban so sad face) fire, I used the Bat's phone to play podcasts of spooky stories. They weren't incredibly scary but they also weren't incredibly cheesy. They were pretty much perfect. I was actually surprised because both Honey and the Bat enjoyed it as well.
We utilized all of the items I'd purchased recently. The dishes really helped us cut down on trash and this was the neatest campsite I've ever been part of. Granted, we didn't have teenagers with us and I'm sure that contributed a bit but we had way less trash than my previous experiences. The ladle came in handy for dinner, as I knew it would, and the lantern was a lantern. It was slightly disappointing, the lantern. It provided great light but needs some sort of shield so you don't blind yourself whenever you turn it on or off. Also, the USB charger never really worked unless I turned the crank on the damn thing (it's solar powered but if you turn the crank enough you can power it that was as well). I don't regret buying it but was a bit bummed.
Now we are back and reality is settling in around me. I took Monday off for a doctor's appointment and pedicure so yesterday was for slowly easing back into things. We'll go down to the farm on Friday, of course. It feels a bit weird not having seen the Bat's parents this past weekend just because we've seen them every week for a couple of months now. I wonder how much his mother has gotten done on the house.
We shall see. In the mean time, back to work and getting my apartment sorted.

No comments:
Post a Comment