Sunday, October 14, 2012

I fucking hate MS

Disclaimer: Only because I am paranoid I'm saying this: Yes, I know I'm lucky. I know that there are a lot of people who deal with a lot worse. I know a disturbing amount of people who have or who are dealing with worse. I get that. But you know what? We all have our moments so unless you are living my exact life, I don't want to hear it.

That being said, you know what sucks? Giving yourself a shot. Ever since they began, almost a year ago, I've thought "man I'm glad I'm not diabetic because I can't do this more than once a day." The shots, in themselves, are fine. It's the side effects. Whatev, some soreness, some itchiness, that's fine. But I get these awesome welts and then the phantom bruising and so, if you saw me and even if I had a rad as fuck body, you'd say "What the fuck girl?" I went to happy hour recently and just mentioned how if I even decided to start dating, I wouldn't know when to mention the MS. You know when it would have to be mentioned? Before I took my clothes off. Otherwise dude would be all "why do you have all these weird lumps? What is with these raised red welts? I have to go... uhm, early meeting."

Here is what I have to show the boys who come out to the yard:





Those are my thighs and my stomach. Sexy, aren't they? Nice big red welts and bruising to just make you go wild. What you can't see is the texture. Sure, my skin feels the same, but if you run your hand along my stomach, my thighs, or my arms in certain places, you'll feel these lovely lumps, like I have chewing gum under my skin. I'll give you a minute to clean up as I'm sure you just orgasmed.

I'm not in a big rush to date. I don't have any real desire to be in a relationshiop right now but one day I'm going to need sex. I so look forward to the converstation that I will have to have.

Thank you Multiple Sclerosis! Like my personality wasn't enough to keep the boys at bay.

1 comment:

  1. i understand how you feel,i alsp have MS and i also fucking hate it,i have a wonderful boyfriend whom i told about it right away,so give him the chance to bail out and nobody gets hurt,he didn't he said that I may have MS but we will deal with it together,he had never known anyone with it and has become my biggest advocate,our diet is based on what i can eat,vacations are based on what i can do,he makes everyday a special day for me and I look forward to waking to his face,we have been together 4 years and we get stronger everyday,hang in there your special someone is somewhere outto join you on your journey

    ReplyDelete