Sunday, February 9, 2020

A Perfectly Sunday Kind of Post

Oh dear, I seem to have run out of scheduled posts and have nothing to publish this week. Good thing I have this new job lined up because I am never going to hit it big with this blog. Is that even still a thing? Hasn't it all been transitioned over to Insta-fame? I will never be Insta-famous because I do not have anything gorgeous to post, do not travel, and am not into fashion. I have zero to Instagram about. Sigh. 

Do you know what I think is a scam? Dry shampoo. I know women who swear by it but for me, it really just seems like a waste of money because I can make my day old hair even more greasy by running my hands through it for free. It has been suggested that I am just not using the right brand, and I'm certain that could be true, but I am not going to spend money just so I can avoid washing my hair. Which seems weird considering how much I hate washing my hair. Well, it isn't the washing part so much as it is having wet hair. I just do not like that and drying it is a pain in the butt as well, especially now that my hair has changed. Yep, at some point, certain portions have decided they are going to be curly. The majority of my hair is straight but there are sections, mostly in the back, that are legit curly, and I find I play with those portions a lot because the kinkiness is so strange. But, because I don't know how to straighten them out (and am too lazy to really do so), I just look like I have curly hair and am terrible at straightening it so do a halfassed job. People have noticed and asked me if I'd slept in a braid the night before and then I have to explain that no, I'm just becoming a woman now and my body is changing. 

Possibly not-a-scam? Feliway Multicat plug-in diffuser. Bubbles continues her campaign of over-grooming and has massive bald patches on her back. The vet has been pretty worthless about this and I haven't had the $170 to pay for "senior" blood work in an effort to get her on anxiety medication, so I try, from time to time, over the counter remedies. I've tried diffusers before without really noticing a difference but I'm going to be hopeful about this one. I went to SA's around 2PM yesterday and got back to my place around 11AM this morning. No sign of Bubbles. Usually, she comes out to greet me and for pets and for me to feed her. But I've seen neither hide nor hair of her and there were no hairballs on my carpet and rugs. Sure, it's only been a day of the diffuser but still, it's nice that I've been home for an hour and she's just somewhere chilling. At least, I hope so. I also got this stuff you put on her paw that she will lick off and it is supposed to help chill her out. I did that yesterday so now a part of me thinks she may be dead under my bed. I'm going to give it a few hours before I check because a) I don't want to ruin this lovely peace of being left alone and b) I need to prepare myself if I'm going to find my cat dead under my bed 😑

But surely Teddy would let me know, right? He'd be meowing at me and leading me to her? He's sleeping on the back of the sofa so I'm assuming everything is OK and I'm just being my neurotic self. Sigh. I think I'll run to the store for something I've already forgotten that I need for my meal prep today. I'm doing/attempting baked falafels and quinoa-stuffed bell peppers. Neither seems too ambitious so hopefully it will all turn out well and delicious and keep for this week. And a short week it will be too! It is my last week at the company I've worked with for the majority of my adult life. My projects are all but transitioned so I'm in that "over it and don't care" phase, and really, it's just a matter of my taking some stuff home, returning some stuff, going out to lunch with my team, going to happy hour, and then, finally, turning in my access badge. My last day is Thursday so I should be out by 11 a.m. at the latest and I'll have an extra day and a half off. 

Then I will dive into the scary world of new job on the following Monday. 😵

No comments:

Post a Comment